Happiness is the joy we feel striving towards our potential.
This is the foundation for a successful career path, understanding yourself which includes your interests, values, personality and skills. Understanding yourself is the first step in the process of working with a career coach.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
MBTI is the most widely used personality assessment in the world today for career counseling. Based on Carl Jung’s theory, this assessment takes inventory of your personality telling us whether you’re more extroverted or introverted, more sensing or intuitive, more thinking or feeling, and more judging or perceptive.
You’ll learn about your own personality, and we’ll help you see where that personality type fits in with a variety of careers and majors.
VIA Institute on Character
Research shows that knowing and applying your unique character strength profile increases your life satisfaction and well-being. The goal of the VIA Institute is to provide a simple and effective way for you to learn more about yourself and your personalized pathways to happiness. Developing your character strengths can have a significant impact on quality of life as well as a positive effect on your relationships, careers and personal growth. http://bouldercareerservices.pro.viasurvey.org/Account/Register
Explore your options and know your market.
Depending on your desired outcome Boulder Career Services has many tools to help you explore your options and how they relate to the current market. Together we will collaborate on which areas to focus on first. Below are some options when working with your career coach:
- Reflect and research 16 Career Clusters
- Search and write your ideal job description
- Target potential companies
- Research job titles and job descriptions
- Learn educational requirements and salary ranges for the areas of interest
Start making decisions- narrow industry and occupational choices.
- Job Search Campaign
- Resume and LinkedIn consultation
- Interview Prep/mock interviews
- Networking making connections
- Star Stories to exemplify top skills
Act to obtain your desired outcome.
- Initiate contacts and referrals
- Job interview
- Thank you letters
- Continue to research and network
- Refine interview responses
- Receive, evaluate and respond to job offers